Race, Ethnicity and Unconscious Bias
In this course we'll be covering race, ethnicity and implicit/unconscious bias. I'm honored to be discussing these topics with Jessica Sharp, a leader in all things diversity, equity, bias and the brain! She has hosted workshops, seminars and trainings across the Southeast and has worked with Greenville Health System, YMCA, NAMI, and Bossed Up among many other organizations and businesses. She has been named a Best and Brightest Under 35 in Greenville, South Carolina and a Rising Star by the Association of Junior Leagues International as well as being a past TEDxGreenville speaker. You can find her online at @SharpBrainConstulting or @SharpJes on Instagram and at sharpbrainconsulting.com.
Before you dive into the video content, it's time for the Pre-Quiz! Your answers are completely secure and anonymous and we are only able to track member progress as a group not by individuals so answer honestly. We're all learning together and we've got your back.
Below are additional resources, which can also be found in the Resource Library, as well as links to other content on the internet that we think you'll find supremely helpful, entertaining and educational. Feel free to dive into these resources before taking your Post-Course Quiz!
- Video Slides & Notes
- Sharp Brain Consulting!
- What America Will Look Like in 2050 by The Washington Post
- Harvard Implicit Bias Tests
- How to Overcome our Biases TEDx Talk
- What does my headscarf mean to you? TEDx Talk
- Brene Brown on Empathy (video)
- The Culture Inside (podcast)
- I'm Right, You're Wrong (podcast)
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander (book)
- Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome by Dr. Joy DeGruy (book)
- Historian Says "Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos" (podcast)
- 11-Step Guide to Understanding Race, Racism & White Privilege (article/videos)
- We need do talk about an injustice TEDx Talk
How did you do? Are there still items you're struggling with? Or maybe we didn't cover something you're really wanting to know more about. I guarantee you're not alone. Keep your notes handy for our Live Q&A Pro-Collaborator Chat later in the year and check in to the members only Facebook group to share your wins and questions. We're here to build you up and help you succeed. Additionally, if there's content you want us to cover in future courses, send us an email at email@example.com to let us know! Our course content and coverage will continue to grow as we all progress and learn.
Let's keep going!